Saturday, October 9, 2010

39 Weeks- Baby CPR and Doctor's Visit

Ryan and I contemplated taking some prenatal classes and decided all we wanted to take was an infant first aid class. We had a great American Heart Association instructor come to my work a few months ago. I gave her a call and she let me know that she does home classes where we could have as many people as we want attend and she would go over basic adult, child and infant CPR and choking. We had all of the grandparents and Ryan's sister Heather come over for dinner and the class. It was really relaxed and very informative. Even though I'm certified it's never a bad idea to review the basics. It was really nice to have everyone over. All of the grandmas brought Elle a few little presents (I don't think it's possible for these grandmas not to bring a present for Elle every time they stop by). We got some little outfits, diapers, and Halloween decorations.

Friday was my last day of work until the baby comes. I considered working up until the end because we pretty much have everything ready for Elle and the thought of possibly sitting at home for another 2 weeks drives me crazy. It's hard though to just keep booking patients and one day cancel on everyone on my schedule. Also, I've gotten pretty uncomfortable being on my feet all day. So, I'm going to take everyone's advice and try to sleep in and just enjoy these last few days of "freedom" before the baby arrives.

We had our weekly doctor's appt on Friday. I'm only 1cm dilated, but that really doesn't predict anything. You can be 1cm dilated and go into labor that night or be 3cm dilated for weeks. Everything continues to go just as planned and it's just now it's just a waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment