Saturday, June 26, 2010

Gender Reveal Party

A few weeks late but I though I'd try to catch everyone up on what has been going on through out this pregnancy.

I've seen some really cute gender reveal parties online and I though it would be a really fun way to announce the baby's sex. Ryan was so excited he could not keep the initial pregnancy announcement a secret (he told our family within 24 hours of us finding out). I told him I wanted to have a gender reveal party so he had to keep the secret for at least a few hours. At 18 weeks we got a few family members together to announce our big news...

When I saw this cake online just thought it was so cute. Ours is from the Cucamonga Cakery, the same place that did our wedding cake.

I ordered everything in advance because I knew Ryan would be too exctied to keep the secret for that long. I ordered these adorable cake pops, 12 with pink champagne cake and 12 with white champagne cake dyed blue for the gender reveal.

Everyone gave their gender vote. Nearly 50/50. We handed out the right colored pops and everyone bit in at the same time.

A little blurry but It's a Girl!

We used our wedding cake cutter from my Grandmother. It still has the Canadian penny taped to it. It is tradition when you gift some one something sharp you attach a penny to it so the gift will not come back and harm you.

The cake was not part of the actual reveal but I just loved it.

Baby Elle at 18 weeks

Reveal Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment