Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Books

Once a week, usually Sunday night, Ryan pulls out one of our baby books and reads the next chapter. I received many baby books from family and friends but there is one that Ryan has made his own.

Given to me by my girlfriend Kristin the book Your Pregnancy week by week has detailed descriptions of baby’s developmental milestones each week, tips on nutrition and lifestyle and the ways actions affect baby, helpful hints for the father-to-be and information on how a pregnancy affects a couple and much more. Now while I have read through most of the baby books from start to finish already Ryan only likes to read about each week as it's happening. As he is reading the about the upcoming week he will let me know things like:
"Did you know the baby can open her eyes now?"
"Did you know the baby is 15 inches long?"

he also voices his concerns such as:
"Are you getting enough Iron? I think you need to eat more"
"I think that iced tea has more caffeine than you should have"

It's really sweet how he is already looking out for the baby's well being, even if she has 3 more months until she makes her official debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment