Thursday, August 5, 2010

Third Trimester: large and in-charge

One thing I have not enjoyed during this pregnancy is watching my wardrobe slowly shrink as my waistline continues to grow. I actually went through my closet and separated items that had no chance of growing with me and was able to re-work some looser dresses, empire waist tops, ect... for a few months. I've now come to the time where I'm utilizing my mini-maternity wardrobe. I admit that I loathe most maternity clothes, most of them are just so frumpy. I've been able to get by mostly with buying larger sizes in regular clothes and keeping my eye out for more cuts that are flattering to a growing belly. The only thing I've had to buy maternity is jeans, leggings, and work-out pants.

A little while ago my girlfriend, Kira, gave me this really cute book:
The book is very tongue-in-cheek but a very fun read. It makes you feel a little better when you're trying to squeeze into an outfit that just fit last week. I had two positive wardrobe experiences this past week. First, finding the dress I am going to wear to my baby shower. I just sized up in a regular dress and had a tailor take-in areas that were too big. Secondly, I am relieved to know that my bridesmaid's dress that I am wearing in 2 weeks for my girlfriend's wedding is going to fit. As long as Elle doesn't have a huge growth spurt I have some room to expand in the dress. It's actually a perfect non-maternity dress that works for a pregnant gal. It's a gorgeous dress and I'm very excited to wear it.

30 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment